- Summer Members Show, August 2018. Received 3rd Place out of the 100+ works entered in the show.
- Entered National Juried Competition "America Now"
- Multiple classes and workshops
- New member, May 2018
Newport Art Museum, Newport, RI
Multiple submissions/entries in Juried Group Competitions - 2018-2012
- Wet Paint benefit auction, August 2018 - sold work during opening preview as "Buy It Now" and sold second work during the auction.
- Received Honorable Mention in the 2012 Annual Juried Members Exhibition
West Dean College, West Sussex, England
- Master class in Watercolors - May 2018
Institute of Classical Architecture and Art - Christopher H. Browne Drawing Tour, Paris.
- A drawing and watercolor week long course with Khalil Hamady and Leslie-jon Vickory and Paris-based instructors Andrew Zega and Bernd Dam - October 2017
Newton Watercolor Society Workshop, Newton, MA
- Workshop with artist/instructor Wendy Artin - April 2017
Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI
- Drawing/Painting Summer Studies Program - 2013
Morgan Lehman Gallery, Lakeville, CT
- Gallery Consultant - 2007
Carrie Haddad Galley, Hudson, NY
- Presented in Group Show of Art on Paper - 2005
Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Attended the Summer Art Program - 2004
New York School of Interior Design, New York, NY
- Presented work in group Faculty Show - 2003
Henri Bendel, New York, NY
- Fashion product illustrator for ads in The New York Times - 1977-1979
. Professional Experience:
Birchfield Studio Ltd., Barrington, RI (now retired from offering Interior Design services) - 2017-2002
. Birch Coffey Design Associates, New York, NY - 2002-1988
Taught Interior Design Studio Class at the New York School of Interior Design* * Member of the Advisory Board, New York School of Interior Design (2000 to today)
Previously worked for major architectural and design firms including - 1988-1975 - Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM), Architects - New York, NY - Davis & Brody, Architects - New York, NY - Helmuth Obata & Kassabaum (HOK), Architects - New York, NY
- Fox & Fowle, Architects - New York, NY
National Endowment for the Arts, Washington, DC - 1975-1972